Friday, May 30

Safe arrival in Denmark

I have arrived in Copenhagen complete with all my luggage. The flights over were uneventful. The food served on the plane was good with the exception of a rubbery yellow substance with dark green mush which I am assuming was supposed to be scrambled eggs with spinach. Even on my 1 hour connecting flight between Amsterdam and Copenhagen we were served a snack and drinks.

I successfully navigated my way from the airport to the rail station thanks to the excellent directions I was given and was met there. So after approximately 24 hours with no sleep [except a few short naps on the plane] I was shown the transit system, told how to get to work and taken to my apartment. Upon arriving at the appartment I met my room mate, Sara and the landlady and had a tour of the building. Unfortunately, due to a lack of sleep not much of this has sunk in yet.

Our apartment does not have a shower within it, instead you use one in the basement. I decided to have a shower before heading to bed. So I headed, downstairs to try and have one, but I could not quite remember where it was located. I was determined to try and find it and figured by trying every door with the assortment of keys, since I also could not remember which key I needed I would eventually locate it. After struggling for 10 minutes in the dark [I also could not figure out how to work the light switches] I had to return to my apartment and ask my room mate to come down and help me find it.

I was shown to the IAESTE exchange office this morning to complete some paperwork and am using the computer there. Now I am about to head out and try and navigate my way on the transit system to locate my office building for Monday and then to downtown to see some of Copenhagen. Hopefully I will not get too lost!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Natasha, it sounds like your airplane trip was a little uneventfuel, with the exception of the "mush"! Copenhagen sounds like a fun place and I know you are going to enjoy all the sights and sounds and learning to get around - especially in your apartment! LOL
Take Care
Tracy