Wednesday, November 25

Take off in 36 hours

The last few months have been busy with the end of the snowboarding season, whitewater kayaking, a canoe trip down the Whanganui River, canoe polo, and work thrown in for good measure.

For those of you who haven't heard, I am going to have another warm Christmas. This year I am off to SE Asia. Sabrina is currently on an epic 5 month trip through Asia. Since she did a great job making sure I didn't get lonely in NZ last Christmas I decided that I would hop on a plane and keep her company this Christmas.

I spend a day wandering around in Sydney (long layover) then meet up with Sabrina in Singapore before we fly to Bangkok and travel through Thailand, Laos, and Vietnam. 37 days later we should be in Ho Chi Minh City in time for me to board a flight back to Wellington via Bangkok and Sydney.

Normally for a trip I may not pack till the last minute, but normally i have done my research, thought about what I was taking, obtained appropriate currencies, and am generally prepared. However, the NZ attitude of "It'll be fine", "Everything will work out" seems to have firmly implanted itself in my brain and I have thus far done very little preparation for the trip. So, with now 32 hours till I need to be at the airport I am starting to think I should get busy. So far, for the next 32 hours my to-do list consists of:
-Do laundry
-Decide what I am taking
-Pack
-Print airline tickets
-Figure out the address/location of the accommodation I have managed to book
-Attend kayak pool session and cafe afterwards
-Complete a draft of a report at work (at least 12 hours work)
-Attend good-bye gathering for co-worker moving to Spain
-Attend work drinks
-Research Sydney weather to determine what I am carrying on the plane for my day in Sydney

I better get busy, if I want any sleep in the next day an a half.

Not sure how frequent (if at all my blog will be updated while I am away). Sabrina also has a blog so, you can also give it a try if you are dying for news. www.sabsinasia.wordpress.com

No comments: