So, after a fabulous 5 and a half weeks travelling through SE Asia with Sabrina was looking forward to returning home to the fresh air, quiet streets, fresh dairy products, and cooler climate of New Zealand. However, after consuming 2 litres of milk and eatting a block of cheese I was soon day dreaming of all the adventures Sabrina was continuing to have and wishing I was back in Asia. I'll just have to go back another time to experience all things I didn't have enough time for on this trip.
However, before you start trying to find sympathy in the dictionary for me, I have managed to fit in a few NZ-based adventures while working away (yes, I do actually work 40-hours per week, every week...I know many of you doubt this fact, but it is true!)
My whitewater kayak club has an annual Easter trip, so I figured it would be rude to not join in. In the true Kiwi spirt, the plan was loose and simple: divide 25 keen paddlers into 7 vehicles, head north from Wellington and spend 4 days road tripping to 4 different rivers and camping along the way. It was a fabulous trip with good friends, lots of laughs and plenty of paddling. One of the other paddlers on the trip (and my flatmate) put together a great video with some of the pictures and video clips from the weekend.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=23pSjL6lyXU
Don't worry, I still possess some common sense. I did not paddle the waterfall and some of the more challenging river sections shown in the video (this time at least). For anyone who can't recognise me, I have a black boat and a red helmet and jacket. (There is a fairly long clip of me failing to catch a wave at the 30 second mark and possibly a few other short snippets).
Saturday, May 1
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ahh, i miss NZ!! Glad to hear you're making the most of the amazingness that it is!!
Post a Comment