In Vietnam, like the rest of Southeast Asia, the moto (small motorbike, or more commonly scooter) is the prefered means of transport for the locals. While sitting in a lovely cafe sipping Vientmaise coffee and eating ice cream (cinnammon flavour for me and cholocate chili for Sabrina) on Christmas Eve in Hanoi we were amazed at what can be transported on a single moto. The Vietnamise can fit more on a single moto than most Canadians can fit in a midsized car.
Over a 20 minute period, our observations included:
-24 large flats of eggs (60 dozen)
-100 children's balls (each one the size of a small beach ball)
-A folding table
-Christmas Tree
-Large flatscreen TV
-Man holding large bunch of helium santa balloons (think enough to lift a small child off the ground)
-3 fully grown men
-7 flats of beer
-A passenger knitting
-Child's rocking horse
-Family of 5
-Large suitcase (think checked baggage, not carry-on)
-Full sized ladder*
I know some of the stuff in this list is pretty nuts, but believe me its no exageration (Sabrina can verify all these observations). I can only imagine the mayhem that would result if there was an Ikea in Vietnam.
*We spotted the full sized ladder a bit later in the day, but I figured it was worth mentioning.
Sabrina is still doing an excellent job updating her blog, so for more news about my trip I suggest you make your way to her blog. www.sabsinasia.wordpress.com
P.S. I hope everyone had a great Christmas!
Friday, December 25
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment