My trip to Bergen was longer than expected yesterday. I was supposed to get a direct train from Oslo straight to Bergen, but for some reason a section of the tracks were closed, so at a certain point everyone had to get off the train and transfer to buses to take us the rest of the way. This added just over 2 hours to my journey. I was a bit disappointed in missing part of the train ride since it is quite spectactular, but the view from the bus was also quite nice. There were lots of tunnels that were very narrow. For two buses to pass, one would have to pull over and stop while the other one crawled past.
Even though Bergen is much smaller than Oslo, I like it better. The scenery is much prettier and the town has lots of character unlike Oslo.
Tonight I am meeting up with the IAESTE students who are working in Norway. I just happened to be in Bergen the same weekend they are hosting a big get together here. with the sameeather keeps up arrived in Bergen yesterday about 2 hours later than expected.
It is still very hot. I hope this lack of rain continues while I am sailing. Tomorrow I have a 4 hour ferry trip north along the Norway coast to Maloy.

Bergen as viewed from the top of the fortress.
View from the train (before we got kicked off).
Sunset in Bergen
The wooden houses located along the harbour around the sunset.
No comments:
Post a Comment