Wednesday, July 30

Oslo

I am leaving Olso tomorrow morning on the train to Bergen. The last few days have been very enjoyable despite it being over 30 degrees and very hot. Before coming to Oslo everyone told me that there wasn’t much to see in Olso, but I seem to have found enough occupy my time.

I visited the statue park which has over 200 statues of people in various stages of life. Apparently, it is the most popular tourist attraction in Oslo. I have noticed that it is pretty common for people to climb into the fountains in Scandinavia. It was no exception while I was at the statue park.



Here the Guards outside the Royal palace actually speak unlike them in London.

I visited the ski jump and ski museum which has a great view of the city from the top. As I found out the hard way, it is about a 10 minute walk uphill from the metro station. Which isn’t a lot of fun when it is so hot and you haven’t seen hills let alone walked up them for weeks. (with the exception of Bornholm, but then I was cycling up them)


The troll seems to be Norway’s national symbol. You see them everywhere here, so I had to get my photo taken with one of them.



1 comment:

~ Jenny said...

Hi!
I hope you made it to Bergen save? How was the last night at the hostel? Were six people in the room?
I was at the museum island totday. It was much fun!
Hope to hear from you,
Jenny