I am currently sitting outside the library in the shade with a lovely cool breeze. Summer seems to have finally come to Denmark. It has been around 30 degrees the last few days. Its now 7pm on Sunday evening in Copenhagen. In less than 12 hours time I will be at the Copenhagen airport waiting for my flight to Oslo. I should be at my apartment packing and cleaning, but the weather is just too nice.
Who needs sleep anyways? Perhaps I shouldn't bother to go to bed since I have to get up at 5 am to be on my way to the airport at 6am to arrive there for 7am to get my 9am flight. Why did I ever think booking a morning flight was a good idea?
Leaving Denmark is very bittersweet for me. While I am looking forward to all the new adventures awaiting me and can hardly wait to start sailing I am very sad to be leaving all the new friends I have met and all the fun we have had together. It is amazing how what seems to be a random bunch of students from everywhere can form such a tight-knit inclusive community. While my job wasn't in my exact area of interest it was still a very worthwhile and enjoyable position. I had many wonderful coworkers who were a pleasure to work with.
This weekend involved visits to Christianhavn (the hippie area), the harbour baths, the beach, Carlsberg Brewery, Lyngby Lake and the botanical gardens. Unfortunately, I do not have my camera with me at the moment, so there are no photos to share.
I can hear some music. I think there must be an outdoor concert somewhere around. Perhaps I should go investigate then return home and start packing. Right now I can hear the band Aqua playing Barbie Girl. (You still here them here since they are Scandinavian).
Sunday, July 27
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment