(Note this entry was written on Saturday afternoon, but I am just getting a chance to post it now.)
This week has been pretty uneventful. Not boring, but nothing major or new has happened.
Work is going well. I have plenty to do, but I am also not overwhelmed with work. Lunches in the Kanteen continue to be good. I actually think there is more variety in the food available in the Kanteen each day than in my local grocery store.
On Tuesdays I go to the weekly BBQ for all the students on exchange in Copenhagen. It is always an enjoyable evening. The rest of the week my evenings are filled with visits to the library to use the internet and catch up with the world, blog writing, postcard writing and grocery shopping. I usually end up going to 2 or 3 different stores each week. The cheaper grocery stores don’t have much variety, but offer the best prices. At the end of the day (when I have time to go shopping) they are often sold out of some items so you have to go back another day. The other grocery stores offer a bit more variety, but are more expensive, so I visit them if I want some choice in what I buy.
Shawn and Erin arrived in Copenhagen this morning to come visit me and do some sightseeing. I was expecting to have to wait at least a couple of hours for them to arrive and had carefully planned my day so I could go use the internet at the library and catch up with everything going on in the world while I waited for an e mail telling me they had made it here. I got to the library, turned on my computer and was just settling in when I opened up my e mail and noticed a message had arrived 2 minutes earlier from Shawn announcing he was at the Copenhagen railway station and would be catching the bus to my place. So I packed up my stuff and headed home. It was about 1pm local time when the arrived at my place. I received an e mail yesterday at 2:35pm local time announcing they were just heading to the airport. They were in transit for just under 24 hours.
Apparently they flew in first class on all their flights here. There were plenty of empty seats on the flights from Vancouver to Toronto and Toronto to Frankfurt. By the time they arrived in Frankfurt they were just a little too late to catch one flight to Copenhagen, but they got the next one with no trouble.
Shawn and Erin are now sleeping on my floor. What exciting house guests!
This week has been pretty uneventful. Not boring, but nothing major or new has happened.
Work is going well. I have plenty to do, but I am also not overwhelmed with work. Lunches in the Kanteen continue to be good. I actually think there is more variety in the food available in the Kanteen each day than in my local grocery store.
On Tuesdays I go to the weekly BBQ for all the students on exchange in Copenhagen. It is always an enjoyable evening. The rest of the week my evenings are filled with visits to the library to use the internet and catch up with the world, blog writing, postcard writing and grocery shopping. I usually end up going to 2 or 3 different stores each week. The cheaper grocery stores don’t have much variety, but offer the best prices. At the end of the day (when I have time to go shopping) they are often sold out of some items so you have to go back another day. The other grocery stores offer a bit more variety, but are more expensive, so I visit them if I want some choice in what I buy.
Shawn and Erin arrived in Copenhagen this morning to come visit me and do some sightseeing. I was expecting to have to wait at least a couple of hours for them to arrive and had carefully planned my day so I could go use the internet at the library and catch up with everything going on in the world while I waited for an e mail telling me they had made it here. I got to the library, turned on my computer and was just settling in when I opened up my e mail and noticed a message had arrived 2 minutes earlier from Shawn announcing he was at the Copenhagen railway station and would be catching the bus to my place. So I packed up my stuff and headed home. It was about 1pm local time when the arrived at my place. I received an e mail yesterday at 2:35pm local time announcing they were just heading to the airport. They were in transit for just under 24 hours.
Apparently they flew in first class on all their flights here. There were plenty of empty seats on the flights from Vancouver to Toronto and Toronto to Frankfurt. By the time they arrived in Frankfurt they were just a little too late to catch one flight to Copenhagen, but they got the next one with no trouble.
Shawn and Erin are now sleeping on my floor. What exciting house guests!
1 comment:
Natasha, I really love reading your blog! It is always so informative and interesting. I really get the feel of being there with you, but it looks like your floor is full! LOL
Thanks and keep up the good work!
Tracy
Post a Comment